Get this stuff:
- 2 lbs of lean, ground beef
- 2 can of Ranch Style beans (un-drained)
- 1 can of black beans (drained)
- 1 can of pinto beans (drained)
- 1 can of Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cans of tomato soup (concentrate)
- 1/2 cup of diced green pepper (red or yellow peppers are good too)
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 4 tbls of chili powder
- 1/4 tsp of red pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Worcestershire sauce
1. Brown the beef in a skillet. Add a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce, to taste. Drain the meat well and add to a large pot.
2. Add all the other ingredients, draining all the beans except the Ranch Style beans.
3. Mix well and simmer over medium heat. Do not overcook!
I prefer to use a pot on the stove top rather than a crock pot. I prefer my chili with less liquid in it.
I also like to prepare it a day or two in advance to let the flavor of the spices permeate.
For a little more of a kick, add more red pepper. I often add some garlic powder as well.
So, go forth and chili out. If you try this recipe, let me know what you think.